Obstetrics and Gynecology in East Hanover
OB/GYN near East Hanover, NJ
With 40 years of experience and numerous awards under his belt, Dr. Anthony Quartell has been recognized as one of New Jersey’s premier gynecologists, providing women in East Hanover top gynecological and obstetrical care. What makes Dr. Quartell and his staff stand out above the rest is the individualized attention they give to all of their patients.
When you’re a patient of Dr. Quartell, you are part of our family. Many patients have been with Dr. Quartell for years, visiting our office from their first gynecology visit to their pregnancy check ups. Our staff at Anthony C. Quartell, M.D., & Associates can help women of all ages, from birth control and STD tests, to pregnancy and prenatal care, to menopause.
Gynecological Conditions in East Hanover Treated by an OB/GYN
Whether you are coming in for your annual visit or have been experiencing some gynecological pain, Dr. Quartell is an expert at diagnosing and helping treat the following conditions:
- Abnormal Pap SmearA pap smear is a screening for cervical cancer. When the test results come back as abnormal, this indicates cell changes of the cervix. Dr. Quartell will ask you to return to the office so he can better understand the significance of these cell changes.
- Abnormal Uterine BleedingAbnormal bleeding is often caused by an imbalance in the hormones that control the menstrual cycle. While most cases can be treated with birth control or other prescription medication, sometimes surgery is needed.
- Fibroid TumorsFibroids are the most common tumor of the female pelvis. These benign tumors do not increase your risk for cancer. Fibroid tumors do not always require any treatment, because many women do not experience any signs or symptoms.
Gynecological Exams near East Hanover, NJ
If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort, it’s best to be safe and have it checked out by Dr. Quartell. Some of the common exams he conducts to ensure his patients are healthy include:
- Pap Test
- HPV Test
- Breast Exams
- STD Tests
Obstetrics near East Hanover, NJ
Dr. Quartell and his staff have successfully delivered over 4,000 babies throughout his career. Whether you have a low-risk pregnancy or a high-risk pregnancy, you can trust our staff to be there for you every step of the way.
- Low-Risk PregnancyA low-risk pregnancy is when the mother is healthy and there are few to no complications. If your weight, overall health, and age are within a safe range and you are having a single birth, you are most likely considered a low-risk pregnancy. Dr. Quartell will see you for a prenatal visit every four to six weeks for the first 28 weeks of your pregnancy.
- High-Risk PregnancyA high-risk pregnancy is when you or your baby’s life could be at risk because of complications. Some of these complications include existing health conditions, high maternal weight, age, lifestyle, and multiple births. If your pregnancy is high-risk, Dr. Quartell will determine how frequently we would like you to visit our Livingston, NJ office.
Dealing with Menopause in East Hanover
Perimenopause and menopause are transitional times in a woman’s life. We understand the changes and challenges that are occurring to your body during this time, and we do everything we can to make this next period of your life as comfortable as possible.
OB/GYN Appointment near East Hanover, NJ
In addition, Dr. Quartell also specializes in gynecological surgeries that may be necessary during various stages of life for women living in East Hanover. For more information about our Livingston, NJ office, be sure to contact us today.
Anthony C. Quartell, M.D., & Associates is located at 316 Eisenhower Parkway, in Livingston, NJ, near the Gamestop and Olive Garden. It can be easily reached via route 10 East or Walnut Street. Call (973) 968-4611 to schedule an appointment.